At the weekend Milo and I went to see 'Wreck it Ralph' and whilst the film was set 30 years ago, so the year I was born in fact, it did dawn on me that I played a number of the retro games featured in the film (Pac-Man, Street Fighter among them) and boy did that make me feel even older!
On top of that, I used to always be the youngest in my group of friends or at least among the youngest. It seems that that isn't the case any more and I often find myself surprised when someone tells me how old they are and I realise I am actually 4 years older than them. When did that start happening?!
That all said, here is my checklist for signs you are getting old...
The Signs You Are Getting Old Checklist
- Someone hands you a phone and you can't work out how to change the ringtone within 2 minutes
- Twitter sounds like a word for someone talking utter nonsense and you haven't a clue what it actually is?!
- You remiss about the days when you had a penpal
- Most of the major Hollywood heartthrobs of your teens are turning 50!
- Within 10 minutes of turning on the radio you complain that all the songs sound the same and/or you can't understand a word the singers are saying (this of course doesn't count if you are an expat and haven't yet conquered the language of your new country!)
- A bit of rain stops you from going out for the night
- You decide not to drink that extra cup of coffee after 7pm just in case
- You care about being able to remember your birthday the following day
- You realise you probably can't quite get away with wearing that outfit any more
- You shred your old paperwork before putting it in the bin rather than just tearing it up a bit
Now add up how many of the above sound like you and If you can relate to 4 or more then I am afraid I have to inform you that you may well be getting on a bit. I'm sorry to share this news but it's a fact. Please don't shoot the messenger!
Workingberlinmum can also be found on...